For 19 years, the Connecticut Chapter has been conducting a Jeopardy-style medical knowledge tournament for internal medicine residents in the state. This is a rousing event, one of the best the chapter has to offer. Since 2011, the final round has been held at the Chapter Annual Meeting, after a preliminary round at another site. It is truly one of the highlights of the annual meeting. Every year, talented resident physicians amaze us with their ability to recall exact details of routine and obscure medical conditions, and the treatments required, under tremendous pressure. It is one thing to come up with the answer while sitting in the audience, and yet another to do so with buzzer in hand – with everything on the line. This year, the initial round was held at Waterbury Hospital. Nine teams battled in three preliminary heats to become one of the four teams that will play in the final round on October 28. The three preliminary match winners were Bridgeport Hospital, Yale-Traditional and University of Connecticut; Norwalk Hospital also qualified as the highest scoring second place team. The winner of the final will have the right to represent the CT Chapter at Internal Medicine 2017 in San Diego.
Please come to the Annual Meeting to support the four programs that will face off in MedChallenge 2016: Bridgeport Hospital, Norwalk Hospital, University of Connecticut, and the Yale Traditional Program. The final starts at 3 p.m. See the Annual Chapter Meeting agenda.
Below is a list of winners from past years:
- 1998-1999: University of Connecticut*
- 1999-2000: Hospital of Saint Raphael
- 2000-2001: University of Connecticut
- 2001-2002: Hospital of Saint Raphael
- 2002-2003: Hospital of Saint Raphael
- 2003-2004: University of Connecticut Primary Care
- 2004-2005: University of Connecticut
- 2005-2006: University of Connecticut
- 2006-2007: University of Connecticut
- 2007-2008: University of Connecticut
- 2008-2009: University of Connecticut
- 2009-2010: University of Connecticut
- 2010-2011: University of Connecticut
- 2011-2012: University of Connecticut
- 2012-2013: University of Connecticut
- 2013-2014: University of Connecticut
- 2014-2015: Yale University (Traditional)
- 2015-2016: Yale University (Traditional)
*In 1999, as our inaugural entry into the national ACP Doctor’s Dilemma competition, the University of Connecticut won the competition. See the link for more on the ACP Doctor’s Dilemma, including a list of past winners.